Thursday 5 July 2007

Block Party!

Wednesday...

We bumped into Pete first thing this morning... He was pushing a bin. We said good morning and he said, "if I had a step ladder I'd get in!"


We had a very productive day today. Work has started on the Elements activity field, tents are been erected a bock of toilets had been delivered and the whole field needs to be fenced off.


Martyn and I spent the day distributing the rubber block feet that the fence panels sit in around the edge of the activity area. Our first load of blocks were placed in a small Transit van. At the other end we had to 'man handle' th
em off the van and put them in a tidy pile! That was the only time we did that!

We swapped the Transit for a flatbed truck and had four loads loaded onto it. When we got to the field we distributed the blocks about four feet apart around the edge of the field, a much easier way of doing it and a time saver for the fencing team!


Friday we move to site so I don't know when the next gripping installment of this blog will be. As soon as we get electricity and an internet connect onto the adult hub I'll get right on to it. I'm guessing that will be about a week away, I'm sure that the photos will show you a much more developed Jamboree site then!

No comments: